Olson Law Firm is experienced and has what it takes to help guide you through the legal process at the federal level.
- Crime that takes place on federal land or involves federal officers.
- Crime where the defendant crosses state lines
- Crime where the criminal conduct crosses state lines.
- Immigration and customs violations.
- To defraud a financial institution; or
- Obtain money, funds, credits, assets, securities, or other property owned by, or under the custody of a financial institution. Done by the means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises.
- United States Code: 18 U.S. §Code 1344
- The term Fraud includes any following scheme: – To obtain money or property under false pretenses; or
– To sell, distribute, exchange, supply, or use counterfeits.
- Mail fraud is committed when one of the above schemes involves the mailing of something associated with the fraud.
- Mail fraud is not only limited to the USPS, it also includes any fraudulent mail being sent through private and or commercial interstate carriers.
- United States Code: 18 U.S. Code §1341
- It is illegal for one to knowingly and intentionally do the following:
– To create, distribute, dispense, or possess with intent to distribute or dispense a counterfeit substance.
- Drug charges are moved to the federal level if:
– The drug offense took place on federal property
– Crossed state lines or it involved importing drugs in the country
– The crime is being investigated by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
– The offense is related to organised crime
– Involves the sale of large drug quantities
– Offense involves transporting drugs through a mail carrier
– The offense or person was discovered through a federal informant.
United States Code: 21 U.S. Code §841
– The necessary act of laundering itself; and
– A requisite degree of knowledge or suspicion relating to the source of the funds or the conduct of a client.
- Whoever knowing that the property involved in a financial transaction represents the proceeds of some form of unlawful activity, conducts or attempts to conduct such a financial transaction which in fact involves the proceeds of specified unlawful activity.
- Knowingly engages or attempts to engage in monetary transaction in criminally derived property or a value greater than $10,000 and is derived from specified unlawful activity.
– 18 U.S. Code §1956; and
– 18 U.S. Code § 1957
- Child pornography crimes become a federal crime if the illegal activity crosses state lines, such as internet or through the mail.
– Production of Child Pornography
– Possession of Child Pornography
– Child Pornography Distribution:
– One who knowingly receives and distributes and attempts to receive and distribute any child pornography.
– A person who knowingly mails, or transports or ships using any means or facility of interstate or foreign commerce or in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce by any means. Including by computer, any child pornography.
– Knowingly reproduces any child pornography for distribution through the mails.
United States Codes:
– 18 U.S. Code §2256(8) and
– 18 U.S. Code §2252A