Olson Law Firm is experienced and has what it takes to help guide you through the legal process at the federal level.
- Crime that takes place on federal land or involves federal officers.
- Crime where the defendant crosses state lines
- Crime where the criminal conduct crosses state lines.
- Immigration and customs violations.
- To defraud a financial institution; or
- Obtain money, funds, credits, assets, securities, or other property owned by, or under the custody of a financial institution. Done by the means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises.
- United States Code: 18 U.S. §Code 1344
- The term Fraud includes any following scheme: – To obtain money or property under false pretenses; or
– To sell, distribute, exchange, supply, or use counterfeits.
- Mail fraud is committed when one of the above schemes involves the mailing of something associated with the fraud.
- Mail fraud is not only limited to the USPS, it also includes any fraudulent mail being sent through private and or commercial interstate carriers.
- United States Code: 18 U.S. Code §1341
- It is illegal for one to knowingly and intentionally do the following:
– To create, distribute, dispense, or possess with intent to distribute or dispense a counterfeit substance.
- Drug charges are moved to the federal level if:
– The drug offense took place on federal property
– Crossed state lines or it involved importing drugs in the country
– The crime is being investigated by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
– The offense is related to organised crime
– Involves the sale of large drug quantities
– Offense involves transporting drugs through a mail carrier
– The offense or person was discovered through a federal informant.
United States Code: 21 U.S. Code §841